Monday, April 4, 2011

Hobby Lobby Inspiration: Easter wreath


I found this totally cute easter wreath at Hobby Lobby, but the price tag said $40!  For styrofoam, really?  Then I noticed a sale tag for $20 and I still thought it was way too much.

(The hobby lobby wreath)

So I set out for my local Dollar Tree.  They had everything I needed.  I grabbed some small sparkly eggs, a wreath, and I grabbed some larger eggs on sticks, but I didn't end up using them.

I spray painted the wreath white, although you cant see it anyway so you could probaly skip that step.
The eggs had little ribbon loops on them for hanging on a tree, so I just pulled them off and glued them on the wreath.  That's pretty much all I did.  I glued them all facing the same direction, and I only glued them in the front of the wreath. 


I need to make a better bow for it, but I need some practice on that!  I think it turned out pretty good in the end, especially because it only cost me about $9!  Way better than $40 if you ask me!

~Jessica

6 comments:

  1. Wow that looks great and I agree it looks even nicer and more professional than the $40 one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a egg wreath last week. Using the wreath base is way smarter then how I tried to just glue them in a circle. Mine isn't perfect, but it's on my front door. :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It's so cute : ) I just posted it on stumbleupon for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica-- I love this! It turned out better than the Hobby Lobby wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making things for next to nothing! I find it so rewarding!!!!! It really looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work! Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter- good luck:)

    ReplyDelete